Crock Pot Picadillo
- 2 pounds ground beef (grass-fed beef preferably)
- 1 pound cooked nitrite-free chicken sausages, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes, drained slightly
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 red onions, diced
- 2 chopped and seeded Anaheim peppers
- 1 chopped and seeded poblano pepper
- 20 green olives, chopped
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Brown ground beef in a frying pan. Drain, then place in large oval crock pot. Add all other ingredients except salt. Stir to combine, cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
Dude’s Easy Leftover Turkey Chili
1 lb. leftover turkey, cut into bite size pieces
28 oz. tomato sauce
1 – 16 oz. can pinto beans
1 – 16 oz. can black beans
1 – 16 oz. can kidney beans
1 onion, chopped
1 – 4 oz. can green chiles
2 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 – 12 oz. can of beer
Put all ingredients into crock pot. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
Dude’s Provencal Stew
- 1 – 15 oz. can pinto beans, or 2 cups cooked dry pinto beans
- 1/2 cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- 2 potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 4 carrots, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, cut into small pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into small pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 28 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-12 oz. can of beer
Put basil, thyme, coriander, beer, lentils, pinto beans, celery salt, sugar and tomato sauce in crock pot. Cover, and turn on HIGH.
Cut up all veggies. Place in a large saute pan with olive oil and garlic. Saute until veggies are about halfway cooked. Place saute pan contents into crock pot, stir to mix, and cover.
Cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours, or until lentils are fully cooked.
Lentil Sweet Potato Stew
- 5 – 6 cups veggie soup stock
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 small to medium jalapeño pepper, seeded & minced
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 2 – 3 cups peeled sweet potatoes or yams, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp light molasses
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Rinse and drain the lentils.
- Heat the oil on medium low in a sauté pan.
- Sauté the minced garlic, green and red peppers, celery and jalapeño two minutes or until soft.
- Add all ingredients to crock pot, cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Billy’s Jailbreak Chili
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. coriander, optional
- 1 12 oz. can or bottle of beer
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 (6oz) can tomato paste
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 2 15 oz. cans pinto beans
- Add cayenne pepper to taste, optional
- … and then, add the secret ingredients – maple syrup (1/4 to 1/2 cup) and 1 tsp. of cinnamon!
Brown ground beef, onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic in large saucepan and then move to a crockpot. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer on LOW for 5-8 hours.
The longer it cooks, the better it is.
Billy Dawe, of Hanson, Massachusetts won the title of Grand Champion for his famous chili at the Rockland Eagles Chili/Chowder Cook-Off. Billy might be from New England, but his recipe is straight from Texas, thanks to his sweet yellow rose, Kristen, from San Antone. Billy took home the trophy for “Best Chili” and another for overall ”Grand Champion.”
Thanks to Sweet Tea With Cindy for the recipe!!
Chicken Taco Chili
1 onion (chopped)
1 can Black Beans (16 oz)
1 can Kidney Beans (16 oz)
1 can Tomato Sauce (8 oz)
1 package Frozen Corn (10 oz)
2 cans Diced Tomatoes with Chilis (14.5 oz)
1 package Taco Seasoning
1 Tablespoon Cumin
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
3 Chicken Breasts (24 oz)
1 sprig Cilantro (chopped and fresh)
Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a crock pot. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on LOW for 10 hours or on HIGH for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to crock pot and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream.
Super Simple Vegetarian Chili
|15 oz can
|15 oz can
||(15 Oz) Diced Fire-roasted Tomatoes, plus 1-½ cans water
||Packet Chili Mix
||Green Pepper, diced
||Shredded Cheddar or Jack Cheese
Saute onions in oil and add to crock pot. Add all remaining ingredients, except cheese, and cook on low heat for at least three hours. During the last hour, stir in cheese.
SHERI’S TURKEY CHILI
1 lb ground turkey (or ground beef)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes w/juice
1 can (16 oz) kidney beans or pinto beans, drained, rinsed ( I use kidney beans)
1/2 cup chunky salsa, your favorite
2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
1 to 2 TBSP sliced black olives
In large skillet over medium heat, brown ground turkey and onion. Drain off excess fat. Transfer browned mixture to the crockpot with tomatoes, beans, salsa, chili powder and cumin. Stir gently to blend ingredients. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 5 to 6 hrs. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with a a little shredded cheese on top and black olives. I actually omitted the black olives (I forgot to buy them!) and it was still tasty. Also, I added oyster crackers on top.
Front Range Stew
• 3 potatoes, diced
• 3 carrots, diced
• 2 celery ribs, diced
• 1 lb. hamburger, browned and drained
• ½ large onion, diced
• 15 oz. fire roasted diced tomatoes
• 4 oz. can fire roasted diced mild green chiles
• 2 cups water
1. Put veggies in crock pot in this order: potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, beef, chiles, tomatoes, water.
2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (or until potatoes and carrots are done), stirring occasionally.
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 6 Anaheim or other mild peppers, roasted
• ½ large onion, chopped
• 8 ounces shredded Colby Jack cheese
• 3-4 small zucchini/yellow squash, cut into ¾ inch chunks
• ¼ tsp. celery salt
• 2-3 ears of corn, kernels cut off cob, or 10 oz. frozen corn, thawed
• ½ cup water
• 15 oz. can pinto beans, drained
1) Dice zucchini/squash.
2) Roast peppers on grill and peel skins (instructions here: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2008/07/how-to-roast-red-bell-peppers-on.html )
3) Sautee onions, celery salt, butter in a large skillet.
4) Mix all other ingredients in crock pot
5) Add sautéed onions to crock pot
6) Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours (or until zucchini/squash begin to break down) stirring occasionally. 15 minutes before time is up, add shredded cheese to top and recover.