Sue’s Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of steel cut oats
- 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground allspice
- pinch of ground cloves
- agave nectar, for serving
- chopped pecans, for serving
(I doubled this recipe for my 5 quart as the recipe is for a 2 qt)
The night before oil/spray coat with Pam or other non-stick spray the crockery of a 1 1/2 – 2 quart crock pot. Combine the oats, milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, allspice and cloves in the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 6 – 8 hours.
In the morning stir the oatmeal to get a consistent texture. Serve in bowls topped with agave nectar and pecans.