Cheesy Ravioli Casserole
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 – 16 ounce jar of Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 – 14.5 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 bag of frozen ravioli, beef or cheese (for vegetarian meal) filled
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/8 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in oil about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
2. Place 1 cup of the sauce mixture in bottom of crock pot. Add frozen ravioli; top with the cheese. Pour remaining sauce mixture over top.
3. Cover and cook on low heat setting 4 1/2 to 5 hours or until ravioli are tender. Sprinkle with parsley before serving. Serves 4-5
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 – 15- to 16-ounce container part-skim ricotta
- 1 – 5-ounce package baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups of fresh mushrooms, cut into small pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 2-3 carrots, cut into small thin slices
- 1 – 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 – 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 15 whole-wheat lasagna noodles (about 12 ounces), uncooked
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella, divided
- Combine egg, ricotta, spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, red pepper, parsley and carrots in a bowl.
- Combine crushed and diced tomatoes and their juice, wine, and garlic in a bowl.
- Coat a 6-quart or larger crock pot with cooking spray. Spread 1 1/2 cups of the tomato mixture in the crock pot. Arrange 5 noodles over the sauce, overlapping them slightly and breaking into pieces to cover as much of the sauce as possible. Spread half of the ricotta-vegetable mixture over the noodles and firmly pat down, then spoon on 1 1/2 cups sauce and sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat the layering one more time, starting with noodles. Top with a third layer of noodles. Evenly spread the remaining tomato sauce over the noodles. Set aside the remaining 1 cup mozzarella in the refrigerator.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 4 hours. Turn off the crock pot, sprinkle the reserved mozzarella on the lasagna, cover and let stand for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup grated cheese (cheddar, swiss, jack or american)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Sprinkle of brown sugar
- Top with ketchup and BBQ sauce
- Add salt to water and boil in a saucepan.
- Add lentils and simmer covered 25-30 minutes, until lentils are soft and most of water is evaporated.
- Remove from stove.
- Drain and partially mash lentils.
- Scrape into mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in onion, oats and cheese until mixed.
- Add eggs, ketchup, garlic, basil, parsley, seasoning salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into crock pot that has been generously sprayed with Pam (non-stick cooking spray) or well-greased. Smooth top with back of spoon. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours (until top of loaf is dry, firm and golden brown). The last hour on LOW (1/2 hour on HIGH) cover top of loaf with ketchup and BBQ sauce and sprinkle with brown sugar.
Mexican Mac & Cheese (courtesy of familycrockpotrecipes.com)
5 to 6 cups hot cooked macaroni, drained (about 12 oz dry)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 can Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup
2 cups shredded Mexican Cheddar cheese
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chile
1 can (4 oz) sliced black olives (optional)
3/4 cup thick medium salsa
salt and pepper to taste
Lightly grease the slow cooker/Crock Pot. Toss the hot macaroni with butter; add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours. Note: I used a 5-quart Crock Pot, if using a 3-1/2-quart pot, use 5 cups of the macaroni and add more if there’s room after the other ingredients are added.
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 6 Anaheim or other mild peppers, roasted
• ½ large onion, chopped
• 8 ounces shredded Colby Jack cheese
• 3-4 small zucchini/yellow squash, cut into ¾ inch chunks
• ¼ tsp. celery salt
• 2-3 ears of corn, kernels cut off cob, or 10 oz. frozen corn, thawed
• ½ cup water
• 15 oz. can pinto beans, drained
1) Dice zucchini/squash.
2) Roast peppers on grill and peel skins (instructions here: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2008/07/how-to-roast-red-bell-peppers-on.html )
3) Sautee onions, celery salt, butter in a large skillet.
4) Mix all other ingredients in crock pot
5) Add sautéed onions to crock pot
6) Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours (or until zucchini/squash begin to break down) stirring occasionally. 15 minutes before time is up, add shredded cheese to top and recover.
Setting/Cook Time: HIGH for 2 ½ to 3 hours, or LOW for 4 to 5 ½ hours; zucchini/squash added at 1 ½ to 3 hours, salt, pepper and basil added during last hour
1 purple eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 medium size onion, coarsely chopped
2 medium/large green bell peppers, cut into big squares
14.5 oz. can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon minced garlic
½ cup olive oil
4-5 small zucchini and yellow summer squash, cut into ¼ inch rounds
1 teaspoon basil
1. Put the cubed eggplant into a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let sit 1 hour to drain. Press to dry on a paper towel with the back of a spatula and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Combine the eggplant, onion, peppers, diced tomatoes and juice from the can, and garlic in the crock-pot. Pour the olive oil in and stir it up. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 to 1 ½ hours, or on low for 2 to 3 hours.
3. Add zucchini/squash. Stir and continue to cook on HIGH for another 1 ½ hours or LOW for 2 to 2 ½ hours. The last hour add basil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Boil water for spaghetti and cook appropriate amount of pasta for your serving selection.
5. Serve ratatouille over cooked pasta. Sprinkle feta cheese on top.