Crock Pot Squash Casserole / Stuffing
- 2 lbs. yellow squash, zucchini, or Yugoslavian Finger Squash (Danish Squash) cut into bite size pieces (around 6 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup flour
- 8-10 oz. bread crumbs
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 package Shake & Bake Italian Seasoning
1. Combine onion, squash, shredded carrots, and soup in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix sour cream and flour together. Then spoon into veggie bowl and mix all together.
3. Melt stick of butter, and toss bread crumbs with butter. Add dry package of Shake & Bake seasoning to bread crumb/butter mixture and toss, so that crumbs get seasoning on them.
4. Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Put half of the bread crumbs on the bottom of the crock pot, then put squash mixture on top of the crumbs. Put remaining bread crumbs on top on squash mixture.
6 Cover, and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or until squash is cooked.
Meal can be easily made vegetarian by substituting cream of celery soup for the cream of chicken soup.