California Tamale Pie
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package chili seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) black or pinto beans, drained
- 1 pound whole kernel corn, frozen, drained
- 1 can (2.25 oz.) ripe olives, sliced and drained
- 1 can (4 oz.) mild green chiles, diced
In skillet, brown ground beef until crumbly, and drain.
In large bowl, mix corn meal, milk, and egg. Add drained meat, dry chili seasoning mix, seasoned salt, tomatoes, corn, beans, chiles, and olives. Pour into crock pot. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours. Sprinkle cheese over top. Cook another 5 minutes. Garnish with dollop of sour cream if desired.